Pokemon Black & White Deluxe

Forums

Forum Home > Official Announcements > Technical Machines

Oxnite
Site Owner

Everyone knows what a Technical Machine, TM for short, is - it teaches a Pokémon a certain move instantly. This can be very handy, for example if you want to teach a Pokémon a certain move it can't learn by just leveling up.

You people, who are ''registered / active'' on this forum, are the real ''insiders'' - nobody else knows about this announcement!

Now, I would like to replace several TMs in Pokémon Black & White Deluxe. My idea is set and I would like to implement it. I only want to hear if you like it or if you would like to see anything changed. My idea was to revert several TMs that have changed during the Generation Switch (from DPPt to BW):

TM 03 Psyshock -> Water Pulse

TM 19 Telekinesis -> Giga Drain

TM 23 Smack Down -> Iron Tail

TM 47 Low Sweep -> Steel Wing

TM 51 Ally Switch -> Roost

TM 60 Quash -> Drain Punch

TM 76 Struggle Bug -> Stealth Rock

TM 79 Frost Breath -> Dark Pulse

Furthermore, here are some more ideas:

TM 48 Round -> Avalanche

TM 49 Echoed Voice -> Sucker Punch

TM 58 Sky Drop -> Bounce

TM 77 Psych Up -> Aqua Tail

Conditions:

I would like to have only about 10 to 12 TMs edited.

I only want to add moves that used to be TMs in earlier Generations, or were able to be taught by move tutors in earlier Generations (this is the case with Sucker Punch, Bounce and Aqua Tail).

Now, if you have any suggestions, etc. please comment below!

April 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

janeee

I would definetly switched Quash with Drain punch, struggle bug with stealth rock, ally switch with roost and telekinesis with giga drain

Frost breath and Dark pulse  are both good options, but I would have gone with dark pulse, but Frost breath is a good move too when it does 3times damage when a pokemon with the Sniper ability uses it.

I would like to leave psyshock as it is, because psyshock a is a very good move and it is a much better move than water pulse.

This is my opinion, though i wouldn`t mind if you change the other ones too.

One last question: If i, let`s say have the TM quash and drain punch has been switched with it. Do I have too begin a new game too get it or does it appear instead of Quash?

--

Pokemon black and White deluxe team

Blissey LV78

Togekiss LV74

Cloyster LV75

Volcarona LV76

Gallade LV78

Mienshao LV65

And last but not least         NO lollygagin

April 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

@janeee, thank you for your helpful comment.

First of all, if the TMs are changed in the next version (which I am not sure of, it might be the final version only because it's actually a lot of work), TM Quash for example will be automatically transformed into TM Drain Punch, even if you use an old save file. After all, it's not the save file that holds the TM's data but the rom file itself.

I agree with Frost Breath, but I just found Dark Pulse to be more ''nostalgic'', if that's what you can call it.

I also know that Psyshock is stronger than Water Pulse, but I just really like Water Pulse as a TM because it makes me think of older games, for example Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl, even.

I'll have to think about that one though, you are right that Psyshock is better and thus more fun to have it as a TM. And we already have Scald after all. I'll have to think about it. Another move could be TM Superpower, TM Signal Beam or TM Zen Headbutt. You see, I don't really like Psyshock because about only Psychic-type Pokémon can learn the move (who all have access to Psychic anyway, which is stronger) and I don't like it because it's a very unused move. I just like to see an older move in its place.

April 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

janeee

Oxnite at April 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM

@janeee, thank you for your helpful comment.

First of all, if the TMs are changed in the next version (which I am not sure of, it might be the final version only because it's actually a lot of work), TM Quash for example will be automatically transformed into TM Drain Punch, even if you use an old save file. After all, it's not the save file that holds the TM's data but the rom file itself.

I agree with Frost Breath, but I just found Dark Pulse to be more ''nostalgic'', if that's what you can call it.

I also know that Psyshock is stronger than Water Pulse, but I just really like Water Pulse as a TM because it makes me think of older games, for example Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl, even.

I'll have to think about that one though, you are right that Psyshock is better and thus more fun to have it as a TM. And we already have Scald after all. I'll have to think about it. Another move could be TM Superpower, TM Signal Beam or TM Zen Headbutt. You see, I don't really like Psyshock because about only Psychic-type Pokémon can learn the move (who all have access to Psychic anyway, which is stronger) and I don't like it because it's a very unused move. I just like to see an older move in its place.

It would be awesome with TM superpower.

It would be cool to have some "new" stat lifters like swords dance too

--

Blissey LV78

Togekiss LV74

Cloyster LV75

Volcarona LV76

Gallade LV78

Mienshao LV65

April 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

@janeee, I'm not sure what you mean, because TM Swords Dance is already a TM, even in the original games.

Though for now I'm thinking about adding: Superpower, Giga Drain, Iron Tail, Steel Wing, Avalanche, Silver Wind, Roost, Bounce, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail and Dark Pulse. Tell me if there's something else you guys would like to see.

April 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pyatt

My only concern with this idea is that you'd have to figure out how these new TM's would work with the Gen V mons. I don't know much about changing the game around, but it seems like you'd have to go in and change a lot of stuff around, since one TM is going to be another thing. Might end up with Braviary being able to learn Aqua Tail instead of Sky Drop, for example.

April 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

Pyatt at April 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM

My only concern with this idea is that you'd have to figure out how these new TM's would work with the Gen V mons. I don't know much about changing the game around, but it seems like you'd have to go in and change a lot of stuff around, since one TM is going to be another thing. Might end up with Braviary being able to learn Aqua Tail instead of Sky Drop, for example.

What you are saying is true, it IS a lot of work since every Pokémon has to have his TM learnset changed.

And Braviary will not be able to learn Aqua Tail, of course.

April 30, 2012 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

janeee

@Oxnite what i mean with "stat lifters" are moves who effects your stat`s, like bulk up or quiver dance.

¨

And it would be cool if Braviary could learn surf actually

--

Blissey LV78

Togekiss LV74

Cloyster LV75

Volcarona LV76

Gallade LV78

Mienshao LV65

April 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

janeee at April 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM

@Oxnite what i mean with "stat lifters" are moves who effects your stat`s, like bulk up or quiver dance.

¨

And it would be cool if Braviary could learn surf actually

I understand, but I only want to add moves that used to be learnable by TM or Move Tutor in earlier Generations. That way, I keep the moves learned by the new TMs legal. You see, if Braviary would be able to learn Surf, the game would not produce ''legal'' Pokémon anymore, which is a thing I don't want.

Another thing, if I'd add, for example, Quiver Dance as a TM and give it to Pokémon like Butterfree, Dustox, Beedrill, etc., it would make them ''illegal'' too since they cannot learn such moves.

Though you are right if you say that, for example, TM Dragon Pulse or Dark Pulse, or Roost/Stealth Rock even, makes 5th Generation Pokémon illegal since they are not able to learn such moves by TM at all. Anyway, that's only a small thing and I don't mind that happening.

May 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

janeee

Ok

--

Blissey LV78

Togekiss LV74

Cloyster LV75

Volcarona LV76

Gallade LV78

Mienshao LV65

May 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zharkblade

I agree with Aqua Tail and Dark Pulse, but I think it would be interesting if Ice, Fire and Thunder Punch were added, as many I-IV gen Pokemons can no longer learn them in gen V, which was a dissapointment to me

May 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

@Zharkblade, I thought about adding the Elemental Punches.. Replacing Wild Charge with ThunderPunch, Flame Charge with Fire Punch and adding Ice Punch instead of Avalanche.

But I'll have to think about that, I think I rather see Wild Charge, Flame Charge and Avalanche as TMs because I don't want to see every Pokémon supremely overpowered, with perfectly strategized movesets etc. I want to maintain the challenge of the game.

May 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pyatt

Oxnite at May 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

@Zharkblade, I thought about adding the Elemental Punches.. Replacing Wild Charge with ThunderPunch, Flame Charge with Fire Punch and adding Ice Punch instead of Avalanche.

But I'll have to think about that, I think I rather see Wild Charge, Flame Charge and Avalanche as TMs because I don't want to see every Pokémon supremely overpowered, with perfectly strategized movesets etc. I want to maintain the challenge of the game.

I 100% agree with this. While I'd love to have that nostalgia of teaching my mons the elemental punches (Typhlosion learning Thunderpunch was sick), it would make the game pretty dang easy. While Flame Charge and Avalanche may not be that good, Wild Charge is awesome for mons like Arcanine, who desparately need the coverage. I'd be upset if it was replaced.

May 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HampOoze

I'd like you to keep low sweep because its hard to find a decent fighting move early, either make brick break availble earlier or keep low sweep.

May 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxnite
Site Owner

HampOoze at May 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I'd like you to keep low sweep because its hard to find a decent fighting move early, either make brick break availble earlier or keep low sweep.

Actually, you can't get Low Sweep very early. It can be obtained in Wellspring Cave but only after you have obtained HM Surf (this counts both for the original game and the hack). I agree it's earlier than Brick Break, though. However, you can also get TM Rock Smash very early in-game which is a Fighting-type move, too, though it's probably not what you'd call ''decent''. Anyway, I still have to think about it.

May 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.